Getting Started Guide – 5 SIMPLE STEPS TO APPLY THE PROVENT DEVICE.
Provent Therapy, for Obstructive Sleep Apnea, works by increasing the pressure in the airway, which helps prevent the collapse of the airway while you sleep. This pressure is telling you that the device is working. The feeling of pressure in the airway can be uncomfortable at first.
Relax! This is normal, and it may take time to get used to.
The steps below can help you apply and get used to wearing the device before and during sleep.
Download your Getting Started Guide – Provent here.
TIP : Put the devices on just before going to sleep. Breathe out through your mouth. After falling asleep, most people will automatically breathe through their nose.
Step 1 – Prepare
- Clean and dry nostril area. Those with mustaches may need to trim hair just below the nostril.
- Grasp the small tab and peel the device gently off the backing
Step 2 – Align
- Stretch your upper lip downward as if shaving.
- Using a mirror, align the center oval mesh with your nostril.
- Point the tab on the adhesive up, toward your eye
Step 3 – Apply
- Once aligned, press down gently on adhesive to create a seal
- Make sure that there are no folds or creases that let air out
- Run your finger around the adhesive to ensure a good seal
- Repeat on the other side
Step 4 – Check
- Check for proper fit.
- Make sure each nostril is covered with the device.
- Ensure that the adhesive doesn’t cover the mesh of the device in the other nostril.
- Cover mesh of both devices with your fingers and gently exhale through your nose to confirm the seal.
- You should not feel air escaping around the device.
Step 5 – Breathe
- Breathe out through your mouth until you fall asleep.